Now available on the Apple iTunes App Store in the entertainment Category. A great iPhone App to help parents calm their unhappy baby!
In the News...
- August 2012 - Reviewed by:
She Knows Pregnancy & Baby (The Hatch)
- June 2012 - iCalm Launch Press Release (PDF format)
About the App
This app was developed by two fathers who have newborn babies that bring them smiles every day. As with all parents though, there were times they struggled to calm and mellow their children. They racked their brains trying to change unhappy screams into smiles and giggles and came up with the idea of iCalm.
Thinking of situations (e.g., airplane rides, public places, quiet environments) where their idea might help others who have a screaming baby and have run out of tricks to calm their child, they decided to create the app and publish it. Proceeds from each sale will likely go towards baby food and future college funds…or maybe a spa day for mommy.
See it in action...
Additional tips to calm your baby
There are many methods parent discover to calm their crying child. Nothing is a substitute for love, nurture, and a calming voice. Methods that may be useful to help a parent in need include:
- Gently rocking back and forth with the baby in your arms.
- Walking with your baby.
- Making extended "sssshhhh"ing noises. This simulates sounds the baby heard in the womb and can create an environment of comfort.
- Take your baby for a car-ride. Buckle into the car-seat and find a nice loop around the neighborhood .
- Sing to your child, or introduce music of some sort.
- Change your environment. If you are in the nursery head into another room. If you are inside, see if going outside helps. And vice-versa.
Reviews and Testimonials
The ADULTS on the App Store...
- Great app ★★★★★ by Noknox
"It really helps, and it has some really good features :) Give it a download, 0.99 is nothing."
- Does the trick! ★★★★★ by Melissa B.
"For anyone with an infant/toddler, this can provide the right "ooh/ah" moment to calm them when needed. Great!"
- Gurgle Cooooo Sigh Giggle by Ashlyn
[Ashlyn is only 6 months so her testimonial is tough to decipher, but we are pretty sure "Gurgle Cooo Sigh Giggle" is good]. :)
- ...[cricket...cricket...]... by Summer
[Summer is too busy calmly sleeping to be bothered with an interview]
- "One of the most user-friendly apps for new parents." by She Knows - The Hatch Blog Read more
Health and Safety
iCalm is not a replacement for quality, attentive parenting. It is solely intended to be used as entertainment tool to distract a crying infant or toddler through visual stimulation. iCalm should never be used for extended periods of time. Children should never be left alone with the app running.
As with any high-contrast alternating light patterns, there is a risk of seizure or accelerated heart rate and stimulation. Users use this app at their own risk.
Users of iCalm App acknowledge that under no circumstances will iCalm App, its parenting companies or development team be subject to litigation or accountability for any negative reactions, dependency, or health related issues that may arise through use of this app.
Email us at info@iCalmApp.com.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/iCalmApp.